This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Use of Data
At FACE we collect and use personal information in order to ensure you are viable for our services. We also use the information to provide and improve our Service to you.
We only ask for the information we need. We always let you decide what you are comfortable with telling us, explain why we need it and treat it as confidential.
FACE uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
When we record and use your personal information we:
- only access it when we have a good reason
- only share what is necessary and relevant
- don’t sell it to anyone
Disclosure Of Data
At times we might use or share your information without your permission. We will only do this is there is a legal basis for it. This could include situations where we must use or share your information:
- to comply with the law, called ‘legal obligation’ – for example, if a court orders us to share information
- to protect someone’s life, call ‘vital interests’ – for example, sharing information with a paramedic if a client was unwell when we visited
- to carry out our aims and goals as an organisation, called ‘legitimate interests’ – for example, to create anonymous case studies and statistics for our national search
- for us to carry out a task in the public interest or for our official functions, called ‘public task’, for example, anonymous case studies on our advertisements
- to carry out a contract we have with you, called ‘contract, – for example if your an employee we might need to store your bank details so we can pay you
- to defend our legal rights – for example, to resolve a complaint we have received
We handle and store your personal information in line with the law – including General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
This page covers how we, as your local charity, handle your information locally in our office.
How FACE collect your Personal Information
While using our Service, we will ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Postal code, City
We gain permission to collect your information when you sign our new client form. This gives us permission to use the information collected as laid out in this policy.
In addition, we also gain information by our partners when they refer you to us in order for us to help you. In these circumstances our partners will ask your permission to make the referral and to give your personal information to us.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Personal information we hold is stored securely in paper form and on our secure computer networks. Some data is held on local servers and hard drives, again with security protocols in place. All of our staff and volunteers undergo regular information assurance training and assessment.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.facefaversham.co.uk/contact-us/
- By phone number: 01795 530011